The skin your in
Your skin changes often. One month it might be acting one way, another month it’s completely different. Age, weather, hormones, lifestyle all play a role in your skin’s health. If something is wrong, your therapist will figure out why. They can offer personalised recommendations and hand pick a regimen to give you the best skin care. A therapist properly assesses your skin regimen and lifestyle to ensure you’re getting the best experience possible. After treatment, you will see an immediate glow and feel hydrated for 3 days as the skin is deeply hydrated and circulation has been boosted allowing fresh blood to bring new nutrients to the cells. After that, your body starts to follow-up on the work the therapist does during treatment. Your cells regenerate creating new, healthy skin. New skin cells are created approximately every 20 to 50 days.
What should you do or avoid after a facial?
- Don’t wash your face that night
- Don’t apply make-up leave up to 12 hours before you do
- Avoid exfoliating for a few days
- Understand that redness is normal
- Drink plenty of water to help flush out toxins
- Stay out of the sun
- Moisturise, moisturise moisturise
- Keep up your healthy skin care routine
Receiving a facial also boosts your mood, makes you feel great and clears your mind. If you haven’t tried it yet, give it a go. You’ll be amazed at how enjoyable they really are.